[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Public » The Venue » Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
{JOG}MastaisacDate: Sunday, 2012/Aug/05, 9:27 PM | Message # 1
Intrigued
Group: Resident
Awards: 0
The hall of fame... This is a game we have played for about 7 years or so (give or take). Throughout that time span, legends have come and gone, clans have emerged and disappeared leaving their marks on the game, servers have opened and closed.... Everyone knows the legends, everyone knows the history. Yet, in the course of this games seven year life span (close to a decade now), nothing has ever been created that celebrates these heroes and Villians we've all played with. Nothing has ever been created to remember them in a factual history book manner.

I want to change that.

Years ago, JOG attempted a hall of fame by itself. Due to disorganization, arguments, and a workload that was too heavy for just one person, the idea was scrapped. This time around, I want to do it the right way. This time around, I want it to be organized, I want the whole community involved, I want it to work.

I feel this game deserves a recognition of the players who have undoubtedly left a huge imprint on this game. After playing this for so long, I think it's high time the community celebrates the people who have made this game so enjoyable to play

Below is a list of probable committee members that I am trying to contact to get this all to work. Obviously, I want GOR to be involved in this as well. You will find the general groundwork of this whole thing as well down below.

Listen, I know this idea is.... Ambitious to say the least. But I think, with the community helping, we can accomplish this. I think it would provide a spark and be a standing testament to this game's incredible legacy.

List of Possible Committee Members

JOG

Mastaisac (x)
Jeff (x)
Neji (x)
Woooooooo

BOT

A-Hole (x)
Fierce (x)

vVv

Fearless (x)
Blaine (x)
Younes (x)
Sinister (if at all possible)

LSJ

Kratos
LAK (x)
Berserk (x)
Scarz (x)

MILL

Idexi
Shockr

SDJ

Zarex
Mystery A.K.A Ninja (x)

SOR/BOJ

Aids
Antifreeze
Shredder
Mastaisac (x)

AFH

Bookofthel (x)
Jarm

UDN

Inderjitd (x)
Rabbit (x)
Bill (x)
Chaos (x)

LOE

Leonardo (x)
Donatello (x)

NINJA

Masta Hattorri (x)

MR

Crimson (x)

OES

Scarz (x)
Lordjada
Bill (x)

FOG

Spidey (x)

GOR

Spidey (x)
JIF
Bubba
Falcon

Others

Mephilles (x)
Devil Wing
Syler (x)

This is sort of my groundwork for how I feel the Hall of Fame should roll out. As I said before, I would like to have 2-4 people represent their respective clans. Obviously, this is going to require a lot of contacting. As it is right now, the probable committee list includes about 30 people right now. I will do my best to contact people and hope that the water just sort of flows over the top and other people get splashed as well.

Ideally, people from their respective clans would nominate a player they feel are deserving of the Hall of FaXme. Ex. Inderjitd nominates Chaos for a Hall of Fame position. The council would then vote on said person in a poll. Majority wins. I'm thinking a four day time limit on it as well so as to make things speedy.

Descriptions... I think we should have some descriptions about the players who are inducted like we have in the golden hall. Except, the responsibility of writing a description falls onto the clan/person who nominated the person. I don't want Jeff or me writing all the descriptions, that would be unfair, lol. If they are too lazy to write a description, then no description is had and just the name will be displayed. JOG is already ahead of the game in that regard being that we already have descriptions for our golden hall people. I was thinking of just copying and pasting that for our part.

In terms of people being bias, I think a one exception rule should be had for all clans. Let's say Inderjitd feels strongly that Raider should be inducted into the Hall of Fame, but the rest don't agree. UDN would be able to use its one exception rule to overrule the council and put Raider in the Hall of Fame. They can only do this for one person! The rest of the bias will be balanced out by the other council members.

This idea is ambitious, yes. Maybe one of the most ambitious things yet, but I think, with help from the community, we can do this. I know I have always wanted to do something like this. I feel this game is so special that it deserves its own hall of fame for the community. This will give the commuunity somethhing to work at, and something to do as well.

What do you guys think about this rough little sketch I got going here?

Posted 5 mins ago · OP   Report 0 Tyrlans Edit Delete

Message edited by {JOG}Mastaisac - Friday, 2012/Aug/10, 8:21 PM

SinisterDate: Friday, 2012/Aug/10, 3:22 PM | Message # 2
Truth
Group: vVv Leader
Awards: 8
I think your idea is both promising and cool and I applaud your initial efforts.

However, I think 2 people should be the max from each clan. I think approaching it this way will ultimately be more efficient. It will lessen the likelihood of an unfair bias emerging. All due respect, I would rather avoid any chance of undeserving players being inducted. I do not like the idea of clans nominating their own players. This again will grant an advantage to bias. You are free to do this how you want, and honestly, I don't mind either way. But, again, what I just mentioned I think would help to diminish any potential partiality between voting.

Just so I understand this correctly, nominated players are voted into the HoF via poll by the council. The council is comprised of various players from various clans? And the council is formed how exactly?

I support this but ask that prejudice, inclinations, bias etc is as limited as possible so it is fair for everyone and the players who truly deserve it will receive it.

Also, what is the criteria for people being nominated and voted in? I do not think it is respectful or fair to include players that simply played a long time, players involved in lots of controversy, people who solely played well as Yoda or Mace or whatever, people who were notorious/well-known... things of that nature. People on the list should fall under one or more of these categories...

Pioneers
Creative minds
Entrepreneurs
Play-makers
Hard-hitters
Game-changers
Revolutionaries
Outstanding leaders
Masterful teachers
Standout talents
Generational icons
Players who breathed competitive life into the game
Players who changed the way the game is played & thought about, who totally flipped things
Players who entered your match and you knew it was either going to get really tough or really easy
Players who never gave up, started as nothing but persevered and rose above and made a difference
Players who affected this game and community on a profound level, who had a ripple effect that carries on, a legacy

If they don't fall in one of these categories, in between the lines or across the board, then I really do not think they deserve to be in the hall of fame.

One final thing haha, I really think you should create a new forum not tied to any clan. It will create a central place for this to be discussed which will streamline this process and make it easier for both you and us. Even a simple forumwise would suffice.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

{vVv}NinjaDate: Friday, 2012/Aug/10, 7:56 PM | Message # 3
101%REAL
Group: vVv Member
Sinister and his idea's. That is a good one. Love you.

Greatness comes from small beginnings.

{JOG}MastaisacDate: Friday, 2012/Aug/10, 8:18 PM | Message # 4
Intrigued
Group: Resident
I am overjoyed that you have responded Sinister. I figured I might be able to catch you if I made a post on this site. That post is old... Let me update you on what I have compiled thus far from other people/clans input

Rules/Structure of Hall of Fame (Updated)

1. One-four committee members will represent each respective clan. I.E. JOG-Isac, Neji, Jeff.

2. Committee members can not vote for their representative clan. I.E. Representatives from UDN cannot vote for people in UDN. They can only nominate. The rest of the committee will decide whether or not said nominee is worthy of recognition so as to avoid any bias.

3. If a member is representing a different clan in the committee but are in the same clan in the here and now (I.E. Zarex is representing SDJ but is currently in JOG) they can not vote on said nominee. Ex: Zarex is representing SDJ, but cannot vote on JOG nominees because Zarex is currently in JOG.

4. In order to avoid disorganization, each clan will go one at a time when it comes to nominating. The committee must first vote on said round of possible nominees and then move on to the next clan. Ex. Day 1-3 is all JOG voting, Day 4-7 is all GOR voting, Day 8-10 is all vVv voting, etc

5. Each clan nominates people only from their clan. The clans that are not represented (and the people who were in said clans) will be nominated by any of the committee members once all representing clans have had their turn at nominating their people

6. Descriptions for each nominee inducted would be ideal. However, it is not required. The writing of the description for said nominee falls onto the clan/person who nominated the person. If no description is had, just the name will be displayed

7. As a general rule of thumb, people who don't know some of the older players who may be nominated should not cast a vote being that they can not accurately judge said person. The same goes for the older players of this committee, they should not vote on the people they do not know of because they cannot pass fair judgement.

8. You cannot vote for yourself, that would defeat the purpose

9. Nominations will be made in a topic with a single name and the clan they are being nominated from... I.E. Mastaisac - JOG. Committee members will vote on said nominee with either a yes/no. The yes/no is the absolute bare minimum requirement needed from committee members. It is encouraged for all committee members to produce thoughts and opinions on said nominee. The yes/no is to make the process simpler/faster

10. It is possible for a committee member to represent multiple clans. Judgement will have to be used on this however. People who have been in numerous clans will and should not be allowed to serve on multiple clans. People of that history will instead serve on the clan they impacted the most. People who have had huge impacts on their clans (I.E. Mastaisac - SOR/BOJ, Bill - UDN, OES) will be the ones who are allowed to serve on multiple clans. Again, reasonable and logical judgement will need to be had on this part.

11. The one Exception rule... Being that there are many people working behind the scenes for each clan that do not really get mentioned and there might be serious disagreements within the committee regarding possible nominee, a one exception rule shall be had for each clan. So for example, if LAK feels strongly that Spongebob should be had in the hall of fame for his contributions to LSJ and the community but the committee does not agree, LSJ committee members can overrule the rest of the committee. This can only be used ONCE and only ONCE

12. Majority vote decides who is worthy to be in the hall of fame

Extra Information

* The meeting place for all committee members will be had on the JOG site so as to make meeting easier. After voting is done, the hall of fame board is not meant to stay in the JOG site. I would ask that all clans participating in this post the hall of fame board on their sites as a show of respect to the people who are in the HOF and to enshrine their legacies for all to see

* This is not a conquest hall of fame. This is a Jedi Assault Hall of Fame

I feel as though I am missing something here... Please let me know If I am and I will edit this. Again, these rules are due to change at anytime. I just wanted to streamline them

-------------------------------------------------------------------

These rules are subject to change of course. I love your ideas Sin. That criteria list you have there. That is a great general rule of thumb for all of this. I want to use that

As for the site... Yes, it would be great if we had a non-specific site for everyone, but, I have about 20 or so of the members already registered on the jognation.forumotion.com site. I'd like to avoid any unnececarry/tedious work for people. Asking all 20 of the guys to re-register on another site at this point seems a little counterintuative.

The Hall of Fame isn't meant to stay on the JOG site, I want all SWBF2 sites to share what we all have created. I want this to be enshrined everywhere, not just the JOG site. All of us need a meeting point however. :/

I hope that clarifies things for you Sin. Please, if you have any more ideas, let me in on them. I'll add it to the rules

Also, I updated the committee list for you

BlaineDate: Wednesday, 2012/Aug/15, 3:23 AM | Message # 5
Shepherd
Quote ({JOG}Mastaisac)

Awwwwwww.....

FearlessDate: Wednesday, 2012/Aug/15, 3:27 AM | Message # 6
The Last Cutthroat
Awards: 3
Quote ({JOG}Mastaisac)

That's BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

SinisterDate: Wednesday, 2012/Aug/15, 11:07 AM | Message # 7
Truth
Awards: 8
You guys serious or joking?

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

YounesTheDefiantDate: Wednesday, 2012/Aug/15, 10:56 PM | Message # 8
The Sand Nigga
Awards: 1
yea what the hell isac twisted

{vVv}NinjaDate: Thursday, 2012/Aug/16, 11:32 AM | Message # 9
101%REAL
LOL.

Greatness comes from small beginnings.

mimmi-da-donDate: Thursday, 2012/Sep/27, 4:04 AM | Message # 10
Commoner
Excellent idea..so many people have made this game...impossible to put away...im not even a video game type of guy...and this game is just one game that i honestly have love for. It is a one of a kind game. i have tried multiple games..and this game cannot be matched. No other game can compare. and for all the people out there that influenced this game (the good and the bad), there should most definitely be a HOF. All the hours and time and stress put into making it in this game.. is CLEARLY something that needs to be identified. Most people are prideful, and this is a way for the players of this game who left a footprint in the sand.. to be recognized and in great fashion.
WONDERFUL GAME.. best ive ever played...aha its almost as good as gettin on dese females..lol i mean...not really but you get what im sayin cool

Forum » Public » The Venue » Hall of Fame
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017