Thursday, 2018/Oct/18, 11:26 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
vVv
Main | Top 10(All-Time) - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Forum » Public » The Venue » Top 10(All-Time)
Top 10(All-Time)
FearlessDate: Monday, 2011/Oct/24, 1:09 PM | Message # 1
The Last Cutthroat
Group: vVv Leader
Awards: 3
I’m only going to list players I have personally played with and know for the fact I wouldn't do a good a job ranking otherwise.

1. Sinister- This guy's ability to out-think and out-play his opponent is unmatched by anyone. He has changed the game to what you see now and influenced many of the game's best. I have nothing but love for this guy as a friend and player.

2. Neji- What can I say about this man? He is everything you want in a player; smart, quick, and just flat out good. He's been one of my best friends on this game for years and just a great guy all-around.

3. Kratos- Those of you who have never played this guy in a match/scrimmage situation truly don't know how great he is. He is everywhere and can carry his team if he has to. He is a top 1v1er for sure and his noob apprentice is also pretty good I hear

4. Devil Wing- Another outstanding all-around player. He was the total package right down to the temper haha but in all seriousness he was a top team player along with being a great 1v1er, you knew when you were fighting this guy you better taunt him headhunt him something to throw him off this game otherwise you were in for a tough one.

5. Berserk- I really struggled putting someone here but finally decided it should be Berserk. What a great 1v1er i really can't believe how far this guy has come. Fast as shit, I know when he is on the other team I better be playing with my map all the time because he can show up just as fast as he kills you.

6. Blade- He has finally arrived, brought this noob up myself and can't be more proud of the player he has become. He can be pretty arrogant at times but he has done a better job of not being that way as of late. Another fast player, really in my opinion he is the vVv version of Berserk and those two could easily be switched on my list. Blade isn't at his peak yet either, he can definitely improve in all areas which is scary to consider.

7. Jeff- Great team player, always have to check the map a second time when he is playing.

8. Master-Tyrlan- Just a great player, don't let the GOR tag fool you he can fly with any of these players and is a really tough out. Don't always like how he plays but got to give him the spot he deserves.

9. C*T- This guy was hard to place, he could have been anywhere from number 7 to 9 that’s how close these 3 guys are but C*T is heavy hitter for sure.

10. Blaine- You always say I give you too much credit but in if you have watched yourself grow and improve as a player you could see how great you’re not only to have as a teammate but as an opponent. He really thinks when he plays and he and I have chemistry on here only matched by a few other players. Doesn't have to block to beat you and I’m going to be the first to say it he COULD be a great 1v1er if he had more patience for it. I've seen him go toe to toe with others on the list only to lose it because he loses focus. He could jump plenty of people on the list if he improved in that area but in the end nothing but love for this guy another one of my best friends on this game.

Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

mimmi-da-donDate: Monday, 2011/Oct/24, 4:49 PM | Message # 2
Commoner
Group: vVv Member
Awards: 0
this list is scary to think about..you honestly dont want to mix in with any of these people. and i like blaines style the most..hes so treacherous. he can fake push better then anyone ive went against. ive 1v1ed 6 out of ten on the list..and each 1v1..was mentally draining..great players..and list

JiraiyaDate: Monday, 2011/Oct/24, 7:27 PM | Message # 3
Odin
Group: Chronicler
1. *SuperDuper* - "The Switch."

"Ya gotta get 'recked first before ya 'reck." This guy was the one who motivated me, Sinister, and a LOT of others to train our asses off. With that said, he was the first master of the non-puller 1on1. His strong suit was that he could make something that's disadvantageous into an advantage for him to get a kill. He'd use the smallest things to give himself an edge. Things that most probably never even thought of doing. He was also quite crafty in setting up traps for you(he got this skill from the shooter-style 1on1 SDJ did, cat and mouse game). Then by chance if you were able to go head-to-head with the guy and make it close, there was no one more clutch then SuperDuper. He called it the "switch" and when that switch was turned on, there was no hope left.(Zarex if you read this, I'm sorry.) The best example of this was when he did he a 1on1 with Zarex. Zarex had won 10-0 with his villains. Before this, Zarex had never beaten SuperDuper. All he needed was ONE kill on heroes. ONE KILL. By the way, at this time Zarex was actually in good shape, not the rusty ones you know and think sucks. Anyways, as you probably already figured out SuperDuper came back and won the one in over-time despite losing 10-0 on the first side when he had heroes. A lot of the greats, including me unfortunately, have that story of almost beating SuperDuper but because of the switch, we got screwed. Now that I'm done talking about SuperDuper's one on one ability, I'll go onto his group play ability. While he was known by some of his members as having a bad-temper and getting off-mic, he was still a monster. It didn't matter if you put Santa Cookies as his partner in a 2on2, they'd have amazing chemistry and the two would be a tough 2on2 team to beat. Though, a select few could team up with SuperDuper and the reason they look "godly" would be because of them instead of just SuperDuper. "Can't stop me even if you've stopped me!" - SuperDuper

2. Sinister - "Visionary."

Sinister, like Super, was a character. Hands down, Sinister was the most creative and unique individual the game has ever seen. While this trait was sometimes clouded by some of the stupid things he did, that does not disregard how he approached the game. He changed the game's mind-set from "How can I prevent them from killing me." to "How can I make it to where they can't prevent me from killing them." With this new mind-set, he unleashed a plethora of ramps on the game that most had never seen before. As one who witnessed this first-hand, the landscape of the game had been forever changed. The people who saw beneath his fancy ramps and tricks, and actually understood Sinister' thinking would become some of the deadliest players the game had ever seen. Those being myself, Devil_Wing, Neji, Fearless(Took em awhile but he got it), Blaine, Berserk, Blade, and a few others that I can't think of. His speed was complimented by his ability to turn the tables in a split second. Like SuperDuper, he made little things into things that would give him an edge. JOGJeff said along the lines of, "Don't try to go off on your own and fight Sinister by yourself. You'll need help." Me and LAK learned that even with help, he'll probably still find a way to 'reck you. In some public server, me and LAK were on the same team and the but-buddies we are decided to head-hunt Sinister. Didn't exactly go well though. The only thing that happened was us getting a little bit embarrassed. I remember him being on the Jeff house and I jumped off the octagon to go aerial at him. And LAK went to aerial at him from another angle as well. I don't remember what exactly happened but all I remember was saying sarcastically, "...he's good." That was after he had managed to kill both me and LAK while fending off a fair share of others who were on his dick at the time. "YA'INT EVEN GOOD!" - Sinister

3. Berserk - "Unrivaled Speed."

"Aww shytt..." Now, now... things get a bit more controversial after number one and two for me. This one probably has you all thinking, "there he goes again." Let me have a chance to explain myself. Berserk had a lot of misfortune in terms of when he begun playing. He came into a game that had been stagnated but EVEN then he still managed to have a play-style that will leave you saying "wow." His speed as the title says is unrivaled... but what most people under-rate about him is his cunning. He has a way of making the most simple ramps into something very intricate and detailed. The reason people don't see his brilliance is because he's ridiculously laid-back and doesn't try to put on a show to get attention or earn respect. One reason for this may be is the state of the game, but I'd say it's more because of who he is. Like Sinister was, Berserk is an experimenter. In his spare-time, you'll finding him always trying to bounce off something or ramp off something. I like that about him because most people these days just use what's already there for them(most of that being things that have derived from Sinister). Berserk's "play it cool" attitude probably won't have many people head over heels... but because of his unparalleled speed and rare cunning he's landed the number three spot on my list. "How'd the HELL did he transport behind me?" - All of LSJ

4. Fearless - "The Teflon Man."

I know it's a weird title and not the coolest one yet... but the thing I most admire about him is ability to not let things get to him. Hence, Teflon. This goes for both his attitude and his play in game. He takes criticism probably better than anyone out there. Sinister has probably criticized Fearless more than any of his other apprentices, but Fearless understands that all criticism is something he can use to get better. Because of that, he's one of the best. His composure in one on ones is impossible to break. His composure reminds me a lot of SuperDuper's. He has a little switch of his own that will give him an edge in a evenly matched 1on1. At one point, Fearless' speed and group-play handicapped him from being this high in my opinion. However, from what I saw in a few scrimmages against him and with him... was something I'd never expect out of him. I almost thought it was Sinister playing under his name. The change was drastic, he had completely transformed into a completely different player, one that was elite in all aspects. Because of this change, he has earned the number four spot on my list. "GET OFF THE PUSSY-HOLE!" - Me

5. Neji - "Mind Fuck."

Like Sinister, Neji did some stupid stuff. Though, unlike Sinister he never really had accountability for his actions. Because of that, I had a tough time putting him here. However, that's not what gets people on my lists. As the title says, Neji is the ultimate mind fucker in a one on one. He's ingenious at getting into his opponent's head. We all know that about Neji already though but what I think is his most under-rated trait is his ability to make his opponents make mistakes. He is able to make them play a play-style they aren't used to playing, and because of that he will absolutely destroy them. His group-play is sneaky and slippery. He's taken JOGJeff's out-of-date play style, and added his speed and mastery of ramps. This combination is tough to deal with and will get a lot of people frustrated. "I'm not using protection this time." - Neji before a one on one against Devil_Wing.

6. Devil_Wing - "Violent Temper."

I know I've said this a thousand times but Devil_Wing had the potential to be up there with Sinister and SuperDuper. That potential was stunted due to his lack of composure and his violent temper. While his temper may have been violent, his play-style was even more violent. In a one on one, the last thing you wanted to do was fight him on even ground. For if you did, you weren't going to win. Devil_Wing unfortunately knew this as well and hated the fact that people tried making it to where he had to play at a disadvantage. He didn't have the composure to turn the tables on them like Super did. Because of this, he was never an elite one on oner in my honest opinion. What he lacked in one on ones, he more than made up for it in group play. The match LSJ and vVv did do, he showed his superior group-play. He had even outperformed Sinister in that match... if you asked me what player would I want in a 5v5 on my team, and all bias was aside I'd pick Devil_Wing. "Fuck my life..." - Devil_Wing all the time.

7. Zarex - "Rusty Has-Been."

"Two days!" Zarex did something that was a bit different from most of the greats. He constantly came back to try to prove that he could still do it. Eventually, a great player can only come back so many times until he can't compete on the same level he used too. I learned this myself multiple times. Zarex was pretty much the me before me. As much as he probably would hate me saying that, it's the truth in my opinion. He was the full-package in terms of group play and one on ones. At one point, Zarex was feared by everybody, including even SuperDuper. Even today, the last person I'd want to go one on one with is Zarex. Not because it's not enjoyable but because he's such a scary foe. He was the first "choke-whore." You're probably wondering what exactly that means so I'll explain. Being a choke-whore means that you rely heavily on your villains. You'd be happy with getting two points on heroes because you know that your villains are just that good. However, the negative of being a choke-whore was the fact that your heroes aren't exactly the greatest thing ever. As you guys may remember, he only needed one kill with his heroes to win a one on one against SuperDuper but couldn't pull it off. His group-play was a force to be reckon with as well. He could have player ones on his team and he'd be able to make them look like gods. Only on villains though, when it came to heroes, he'd need a bit more of a supporting cast. Like me, his confidence to compete at a high level when his prime was far-gone was something that would end up tarnishing his legacy. However, when Zarex was firing on all cylinders he was top-tier. "Protect the choker!" - Zarex to me and LAK before an in-clan scrimmage.

8. LAK - "God Damn It."

"Quit lollygagging around." LAK to me as he was 1v2ing across the map in our first ever 2on2. LAK was the best team-mate I've ever had... and also the most annoying person I've ever one on oned. Mostly because he knew my weaknesses, but also because his play-style can drive just about anyone crazy. I'm confident I can say the last person Sinister wants to fight against in a one on one or match is LAK. "God damn it... I have to deal with him?" Sinister sighed. His play-style like Super's is cold and calculative... but unlike Super he didn't have as much speed and ability to capitalize on his opponent's mistakes. However, he capitalized on more of them than he missed. Which is why he beat a lot of players. It isn't his one on one ability that really got him on here though. It's his group play. I've never had better chemistry with anyone else on this game. Chemistry aside, his genius at finding the opponent's soft spot, knowing his team-mate's strengths and taking advantage of it is rare and can be the difference maker in a match. "DON'T GET OUT OF MY COMBO!" LAK yelled as he got the last kill to seal our victory over JOG.

9. Passion - "Emo Hero."

You guys are probably all a little perplexed by this one. I am too. Passion was probably the moodiest player I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. His highs were higher than anybody else's, but his low's were lower than anybody else's. His highest high that most probably don't know about is his performance in the JOG match. He earned his title of Emo hero in that battle, for without him we wouldn't have won. He got damage-reduction and almost damage increase at one point of the battle. He did an awesome job of being the janitor. He cleaned up every mess that we made... and in a 6on6 being the janitor isn't exactly the easiest job. At one point me and LAK were training Passion by 2v1ing him. In this 2on1, I got to see what he could have been... he was able to go toe-to-toe with arguably the best duo the game had ever seen. It was amazing to see his full-potential and Like Devil_Wing, I feel that he could have been on Sinister's and Super's level if it weren't for a deficiency he had... that being a lack of confidence in himself, thus a lack of consistency. "I'm going 10 percent right now." - Passion during the JOG match after he got reduction.

10. Tyrlan - "Canadian Distinction."

Tyrlan has a very distinct and strange style. I don't really know how to explain it really... He's almost impossible to read and predict, which makes him a really tough individual to go up against in any situation. He has the nick-name of "Tryland." but to be honest I don't think he's really trying all that hard. I think it comes natural to him but since his play-style is so different from what we're accustomed to seeing, we label it as "Trying hard." I wish I could have gotten the opportunity to do some more matches and one on ones with the guy, but political affairs kept that from happening. Regardless, Tyrlan's distinct play-style earns himself the last spot on my list. "Hacker..." Mephilles as he banned Tyrlan for being well Tyrlan.

Note...

Chicali in terms of accomplishments was probably the most dominant player ever. That domination occurring during the puller-era.
- Led JOG to an undefeated record
- Never lost a 1on1 that I know of
- Won every tournament that was held

Message edited by Jiraiya - Monday, 2011/Oct/24, 10:40 PM

-Spectre-Date: Tuesday, 2011/Oct/25, 10:50 AM | Message # 4
WannaBe
1.) Sinister- A little hot-head who could not help but insult me everytime I killed him one day, ended up joining my clan, becoming the best in the game and my best friend. Even when you think you finally figured him out, he is already a few steps ahead of you. I been around for a good while and have seen every "Top 10" player and Sinister is just simply the best. I had the pleasure of being his go-to 2v2 partner for a good portion of his career. While most egos would be damaged by going from being the Michael Jordan of the tandem to the Scottie Pippen, I just accepted it because he truly got better and better as time went by. We could beat just about anybody and our last cameo against Kratos and Passion was the icing on the cake. Some tend to say that I was responsible for bringing the best player on the game into the picture, but all I did was see potential and gave him a shot. Everything else he earned on his own.

2.) Super- he was real, blah blah you know the story

3.)Kratos- Little Jojo ended up being the games biggest contributor, pretty much only second to Sinister in terms of bringing life to the New School. Forced players out of retirement just because they wanted to beat him, kept a successful clan and probably the only guy who could handle angry Sinister with me. SS with him left me with fond memories and a lot of laughs. He may have lost himself a bit when he went LSJ but his skill was always on point. I feel clan matches are the biggest stage and he never disappointed when we teamed up or when we faced off. His 1v1 game was right there with other greats.

4.) Fearless- Sinister's best product, watched him rise up through FOG and then I came back for one last time and saw him at his peak. Never suffered from a huge ego despite his talent, always strived to be better and he did just that. We became good friends and he was one of the first players I struck up a solid partnership with since the Hattori-Kenshin days. Just like Sinster he was a monster, all he needed was somebody who could be at the same wavelength mentally to help him when he got into a little trouble. It was a blast to be that guy, and we were untouchable.

5.) Neji- solid player as early as the Ninja days, and when he really took this game seriously his talent skyrocketed.

6.) Jeff- Highly regarded for being a smart player and a good teammate and rightly so

7.) Blade- When he isnt overdosing on his ego, this guy is the real deal. Handed me by butt in a bunch of 1v1s but he got me back into fighting shape for my come back. Its a shame he didn't come around when the game was a bit more competitive, would of been even better.

8.) Zarex- At the start of my career I was able to beat a lot of clans, but Zarex was my first real test in trying to make it to the big time. His 1v1 ability was probably one of the best and he would surely spank me. Our clan matches could only be described as intense and our rivalry went on for a good while. Some of my best experiences on this game were bumping heads with him, or just screwing around with him as Franklin. Ninja stuck it to him a few times, but he made sure he got me back with GJ

9.) That Nigga Blaine- Real as they come, the guy oozes ability. When he's not shooting up heroine he cracks me up and is a blast to play with. Always top-notch whenever he is in a game, and somebody I always want on my team because playing against him is a bitch. While he thought all my moves were stupid and old, I showed him the old school aint to shabby wink

10.) Tyrlan- guy just gave me headaches, such a solid player. I havent lost a match to GOR, but he can be a one man army in a server and is probably the best talent in GOR history.

In teeming with souls shall it ever be,
in Nomeni Patri, et Fili, Spiritus Sancti

vVv's first Cutthroat

SinisterDate: Tuesday, 2011/Oct/25, 2:44 PM | Message # 5
Truth
Awards: 8
Man, I want to post one but I don't even know where to start.

Why do you guys have to be so dang descriptive? lol

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

FearlessDate: Wednesday, 2011/Oct/26, 8:08 PM | Message # 6
The Last Cutthroat
Three lists... very disappointing turn out haha.

Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

JiraiyaDate: Wednesday, 2011/Oct/26, 8:19 PM | Message # 7
Odin
Group: Chronicler
We set the bar too high for the others to make their's. lmao.

SinisterDate: Wednesday, 2011/Oct/26, 9:38 PM | Message # 8
Truth
Awards: 8
It's only been 2 days man. Give it time.

I'm sure I will post one when I am in the writing mood lol. Although I don't know if I will write descriptions like you guys did. I kinda agree with what Kratos said with the exception of Passion and Zarex. I'd put Blade and Blaine in their place and swap Manny with Fearless and put Kratos in LAK's place. Other than that I (pretty much) agree with his placements and descriptions.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

BlaineDate: Wednesday, 2011/Oct/26, 9:49 PM | Message # 9
Shepherd
i'll add one later

{vVv}terrorDate: Saturday, 2011/Oct/29, 3:06 PM | Message # 10
Follower
Group: Resident
Thats my nigga berserk i trained him, now what?

Added (2011/Oct/29, 3:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Thats my nigga berserk i trained him, now what?

Forum » Public » The Venue » Top 10(All-Time)
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2018